KITE is Enfield’s Early Childhood Collaborative. We are working to ensure that Enfield’s children are healthy, safe and happy; live in thriving families; and are ready to learn the skills they need to succeed in school and flourish in the 21st century.
KITE works to heighten awareness and the use of local resources that promote a well-rounded and quality early childhood experience. We aim to have a community that understands and values the importance of all children having the chance to enter kindergarten well prepared to learn.
Key KITE Initiatives:
KITE is focused on three areas:
- Work toward universal developmental screening.
- Promote physical activity & healthy eating.
- Increase access to mental/behavioral health services.
- Begin to address oral health for children.
Family Engagement & Support
- Engage and support new parents.
- Support non-English speaking families.
- Engage families in the community.
- Improve transportation options.
Early Care & Education
- Host a multi-year play campaign called “Enfield Plays On!”
- Engage families in their children’s education.
- Continue to improve the availability of preschool opportunities and align education through the Age 3 to Grade 3 initiative.
- Foster partnerships with grandparents/senior.