Explore and develop your leadership potential!
The Parent Leadership Academy (PLA) will teach you how to:
- run productive meetings,
- plan successful projects,
- network with key community leaders
- understand and manage conflict and
- improve your ability to speak effectively to any group.
ALL ABOUT ISSUES IMPORTANT TO YOU, YOUR FAMILY AND OUR COMMUNITY.
Answers to frequently asked questions:
- Enfield parents, grandparents and primary caregivers are welcome to apply.
- Classes are held at Stowe Early Learning Center on Thursday evenings from 5:30p.m.- 8:30 p.m. once a week beginning in February and will run for 12 weeks.
- Sessions are run by professional trainers in the areas of, but not limited to: leadership styles, running productive & effective meetings, conflict management & resolution, public speaking, project planning.
- There is no charge to the participants of the Parent Leadership Academy other than time and commitment.
- A complimentary dinner will be provided before each class.
- Free childcare provided. (Request for on-site childcare assistance should be submitted with the enrollment application.)
- Regular access to the internet or an e-mail account is required to participate.
- Regular attendance required to graduate and receive the Leadership Certificate.
- At least 10 volunteer hours of participation in a community project (chosen by the class) is required.
- All classes will be conducted in English.
- A Graduation Ceremony will be held at the end of the Program.
For more details please call or e-mail one of our Program Coordinators:
Amy Witbro Malissa Griffith
Enfield Public Schools Parent Leadership Academy Coordinator