Jun 1 – Jun 15
Lisa Foy-Dupis Excellence in Early Childhood Education Award.
Criteria for Nomination
Works with preschool or kindergarten children in Enfield Public, Parochial, or any licensed preschool program
Qualities to Consider
- Understands the role that family plays in a child’s healthy development.
- Engages students through play-based learning and inquiry.
- Structures learning experiences around Developmentally Appropriate Practices.
- Addresses children’s social-emotional and behavioral needs.
- Is committed to creating an inclusive community that meets the needs of children and families from a variety of backgrounds.
- Provides leadership and is a role model for early education practices.
About the Award
The Lisa Foy Dupuis Excellence in Early Childhood Award was established in 2021 to pay tribute to her legacy. Lisa embodied what it means to be an early childhood educator. She had passion, patience, creativity, flexibility, and respect for all children and their families. She loved her job and showed up every day to do what was best for the children she taught. This award gives early educators in Enfield an opportunity to nominate a peer that exemplifies the qualities that made Lisa a gifted early childhood educator.
2022 Lisa Foy-Dupis Award Recipient
Christine Nuzzolo – Kindergarten Teacher, Hazardville Memorial
2021 Lisa Foy-Dupis Award Recipient
Jaclyn Valley – Director, Stowe Early Learning Center