Key Initiatives To Early Education

Button Battery Safety

Button Battery Safety… A Personal Story

A coin-sized lithium battery can get stuck in a child’s throat and burn through the tissue in just two hours, causing severe injury or death. Button batteries are everywhere these days and many are not in child-proof products such as key fobs, remote controls, scales, calculators, stuffed & musical toys, greeting cards, and thermometers. Ellen, a mom of 4 from Enfield,  bravely shares her gut-wrenching story of how they discovered their 10-month old had somehow swallowed a button battery and how doctors quickly operated to save his life. Learn the warning signs from Pediatric Surgeon, James M. Healy, Assistant Professor of Surgery, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Assistant Profession in the Department of Pediatrics, Frank H. Netter School of Medicine. Below are ways for you to get involved, learn how to be safe, and what to do in an emergency.

Reece’s Purpose Website

Download Checklist

%d bloggers like this: