- Recreation Department Spring Programming- Registration information found here: http://www.enfield-ct.gov/374/Recreation
- Camp Tons-O-Fun
- Dolphins Swim Team
- SkyHawks Sports
- And MORE!
- Child Care
- Learning to Read
- Preparing for School
- Enfield Family Resource Centers
- Parent Leadership Academy (PLA) – will teach you how to:
- run productive meetings,
- plan successful projects,
- network with key community leaders
- understand and manage conflict and
- improve your ability to speak effectively to any group.
ALL ABOUT ISSUES IMPORTANT TO YOU,
YOUR FAMILY AND OUR COMMUNITY.
2017 PLA has begun as of 2/4/17. Be on the look out for 2018 applications.
- People Empowering People (PEP) – is an innovative personal and family development program with a strong community focus. The program is designed to build on the unique strengths and life experiences of the participants and emphasizes the connection between individual and community action. Enfield is proud to offer multiple PEP programs which all have an equitable focus towards the customs of the following cultures:
- African American
- Arabic– Begun as of 1-23-17.If you are interested in next year’s program, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indian– Begun as of 1-23-17.If you are interested in next year’s program, contact email@example.com
- Spanish– Begun as of 2-2-17. If you are interested in next year’s program, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sight Words
- Homework Tips
KITE is offering a Lending Library as resource for parents and teachers:
Read about important topics related to Young Children.
The wonders of Electronic Media and the affects it can have on your child. Screen Time is great for parents and educators on making informed choices about video use in children’s lives.
Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids: How to Stop Yelling and Start Controlling
Dr. Laura Markham
This guide helps parents better understand their emotions, so that they are able to parent in healthier ways to raise a self-disciplined child.
Hand to Mouth: Living in Bootstrap America
Hand to Mouth tells what it’s like, day after day to work, shop, raise kids, and to keep a roof over your head. Opens up a dialogue for people who just don’t have it and the people who just don’t get it.
Mind in The Making: The Seven Essential Life Skills Every Child Needs
Mind in The Making gives you seven life skills for children, which help you learn how to effectively communicate to children in their early learning stages.